Sunday, October 21, 2007

Queen of the world!

Another Sunday Scribblings.....


If I woke up Queen of the world my first act would be.......

I have actually been thinking about this since I read it on Friday. Then I made the mistake of reading a few before posting my own. So many, many cool ideas out there, but this one by Raymond Pert took my first idea and wrote about it better than I ever could have. So, I kept thinking and pondering, then it hit me, I finally knew what my first act as Queen of the World would be....

I would declare that everyone, everywhere would have to stop what they were doing, embrace the person or couple of people closest to them and hold them for 5 full minutes. No talking, no kissing, just hold them still and quietly. No sounds except that of heartbeats and breathing. Then at the end of 5 minutes they would look into each other's eyes and tell each other (one at a time) that the Queen loves them and needs them to build a better world. They would say to the other person your gifts and passions are vital to this new world. This would have to happen once a day, at the same time everyday.

Then I would declare a mandatory Sabbath. All people in the communities would gather once a week to eat, drink, sing, laugh, cry, play, pray, read, debate, and just be together. At these gatherings there would be no cell phones, no computers, no tv, no ipods....... There would be board games, books, paper, pencils, art supplies, musical instruments, food, wine, comfortable seating, lots of pillows and fire (either a bonfire or a big fire place).

If you want to read more King and Queen stories click here.

2 comments:

Tumblewords: said...

Excellent! I'm particularly enamored by the final paragraph.

Cherie said...

What a fabulous Queen you'll be, any vacancies please?