Wednesday, January 3, 2007

What have I learned today......

I can be busy all day and feel like I still have a million things to do:
Done list....

1) I deep cleaned the family room with Athena's help. We moved furniture, vaccuumed every nook and cranny, and put away the accumulation of 'stuff' that people had just left laying around.

2) I surfaced cleaned two other rooms, but they need lots more work before the party on Friday!

3) I kept getting calls all day from family members inviting more people over, a party of 15 has in 24 hours expanded to at least 25 and maybe more... the more the merrier, but it is a DINNER party and I have to have enough food and place settings.... well, there will always be room at the Kings Feast!

4) I called and got the parts department on the line for the recalled part ot the van to be installed, that took longer than necessary.

5) I made yogurt cheese and tested a cheese cake recipe with it... will know tomorrow if it worked.

6) Photo blogged, cleaned files off the computer, check in on 'the forum', googled more about goats, transfered more stuff from homeschooling blogger to blogspot, lots of other computer fussing that I don't even remember.

7) Started the turkey in its brine, cared for the sourdough starter, loaded and unload and reloaded the dishwasher, and putzed some more in the kitchen... I didn't even make dinner though because we are eating leftovers tonight.

8) Did two loads of towels, straighten the laundry/pantry room while I was in there.

9) Took picutres a couple times today, that meant downloading them a couple times today too, tried to work on Athena's new camera, but it already needs to go to the shop :( ...

10) And last but not least started the Kings Cake, I am going to use a reciepe from Nourishing Traditions that should be very healthy, but it takes 2-3 days to make.


Now: I am not going to list my to do list because it is at least 4 times as long, but the first thing I have to do tomorrow is go to Sam's and buy more food for all these guests and I have just decided to do nice paper dishes instead of real dishes!!!

3 comments:

Ampersand said...

Wow, I am tired just reading this. That's impresive! Do you always have this much energy?

Sandie said...

I was thinking I didn't do anything put putz around all day! :)

I usually get much more done. I have been so glued to the computer for the last 3-4 days that I really feel like life is being neglected!

I attribute all the energy to eating the foods from Nourishing Traditions!!

SUSAN said...

You have been busy! I know your party will be a success.

Enjoy yourself!

Susan