Thursday, May 31, 2007

Thursday Thirteen...

I am going to try this again! In keeping with yesterday's thoughts that kind of fizzled after I got distracted, I will post 13 things I am doing to "get a life!"

1) Planning my 25th wedding anniversary. It will be the Wedding I never had. I only have 28 months, whatever will I do ;)

2) I am doing some of the foundational planning for Kayleigh's wedding, which will be in approx. 15 months. I get to make all the mistakes with hers, so that mine goes perfectly..lol

3) I am going to invite a few close friends over for a cook-out and sing along within the next two weeks. Dirk and I share just a few good friends, but the ones we do have seem to get lost in the shuffle of life and I am going try and stop that.

4) Once a week the kids and I are going to visit a historical site here in the area. That will at least get me out of the house.

5) I am going to convince Dirk we need to start dating again and just like when we were young the dates have to be cheap! They were always more romantic then anyway :)

6) I will be doing lots of house and grounds renovations because, I was just told moments ago that we will be having family that I haven't seen in at least 10 yrs coming to visit Mom this summer. I was already considering the renovations because the fall back plan for Kayleigh's outdoor wedding is here at the house, and the house is starting to look pretty shabby since we have done little to nothing to it in 7 years.

7) I am going to be dreaming up and implementing ways to come up with the funds to do said renovations, in a hurry!

8) I want to find and take a local cake decorating class. I think my interest in food and art are getting closer and closer.

9) I am going to write all the ethnic and music festivals on the calendar! Kayleigh used to 'drag' me to them, but now I am remembering how much fun they were-- when not too crowded.

10) I am going to start going to the gym every morning! I only have 4 more months on this membership and if Dirk doesn't start going with me, I am switching back to Curves in the fall.

11) I have to decide on pool membership or buying a pool from Sam's. They are the same amount of money because this really nice pool is on sale there and it comes with pumps, filters, and everything! It would be more than big enough to do water aerobics and almost big enough to swim laps if I swim in a circle :)

12) I am going to get better at keeping up with friends through writing. I want to try and write actual letters by hand (gasp!), and just be quicker at responding to friendly emails.

13) I am going to rework my way through The Success Puzzle this summer. It is a project that is important to me and I need to do it like an assigned class. Hey, maybe I'll have the kids (or just Nathan) do it with me!!! Things always make a lot more sense to me when I teach them.

That was hard. I have wanted to do all these things for a long time, but zoning out or curling up with a book is so much easier!


4 comments:

Ampersand said...

these are great goals! I have similar ones for getting together with friends and going into the city.

J and I are going to the National Gallery tomorrow.

NoVA Dad said...

Living in this area, there are so many things to do and never enough time to do them. We finally (after mulling it over for years) took a friend to see the Folger Shakespeare Library, and I was blown away; in fact, we couldn't see it all, and I'll have to go back to finish. Of course, when I spend so many of my free trips at the cathedral, that really doesn't leave me much time to get anywhere else!

I love your list of goals; the dating is an especially good one. If my in-laws aren't in town to watch the girls, our dates consist of baths, bedtime stories, and television reruns. Look forward to hearing how they all go!

Dalissa McEwen Reeder said...

I loved reading this list and hope you can accomplish all of it! I feel the same way most of the time.

SUSAN said...

I've thought about writing real old fashion letters too!

Go girl on that exercise. I've been trying to take more evening strolls. I have a treadmill also, which is going to come in handy during the summer. Also considering a pool membership. Plus I have my tai chi. Between all that you would think I could exercise 3-4 times a week. ;-) We will see.

Enjoyed your Thursday Thirteen. They are hard to do!

Susan