Monday, January 7, 2008

Caught in the middle


This weekend just brought home even more how the roles and relationships we have within our family change when we aren't looking. No one ever told me that before I was 43 I would be the middle man between one life just beginning and one life coming to a close, both of them looking to me to smooth the transistion. As strange as it sounds I want it all to slow down, so that I can enjoy and savor each moment.

I am joyful and even a touch envious for the wonderful wedding Kayleigh (and I guess George too) will have. I hate that my mom is in both mental and physical pain, but at the same time I really enjoy her company and dry humor. Somedays I do feel literally ripped in two, but other days, more days, I feel made whole and completed by these two amazing women..without whom I would not be who I am. Most of the time I really like that person.

3 comments:

SUSAN said...

You are one amazing woman!

Take care of yourself too!!

Hugs,
Susan

Ampersand said...

Such an honest post on where you are right now. It must be so hard.

You are amazing!

Katrina said...

Great reflection on life! God bless you as you live fully in both "worlds." :)