Thursday, April 12, 2007

Thirteen goals....

I have not done very well at Thursday Thirteen. Since I had to take a break from cleaning and goals have been on my mind lately (I didn't realize I had so many :) ), I thought I would ponder them....lol

1) Double my income without doubling my work load. I want to get back on our debt snowball and money makeover. We were doing great, then my step-dad was out of work for 18 months, then just when he went back Dirk got sick and has been home with no income for over 6 months.... I just thank God everyday that we had an emergency account, and that both of them were never out of work at the same time. However, after 2 years things are stretched about as tight as they can get.

2) Figure out how to afford a part-time accountant for the business.

3) Get all the books in the house into the computer so that I know what I have and where it is!

4) Slowly developing the Resource Center into more of an artist's colony or retreat, where kids work with adults in a creative environment most of the time while still covering the 'basics' a couple hours a day. Maybe even starting a boarding school for kids interested in the arts.

5) Lowering our impact on the earth. This means, planting more vegetables, restarting the compost, do better at recycling, even more reusing or repurposing of things we already have, more conscience effort to buy from locals who produce in environmently friendly ways. Maybe even getting zoned as a farm.... This all ties together with our eating healthier foods too.

6) Being able to afford the wedding of my dreams for my 25th anniversary (Oct '09).

7) Helping Kayleigh with her dream for a simple outdoor wedding in June '08.

8) Having a house totally free of clutter and set up with the best Feng Shui energy possible!

9) Remodeling and updating this house and or buying the 23 acres behind us and building what we want from scratch.

10) Going back to school to study Pastry Arts or Baking. I really find cake decorating and buliding with gingerbread to be extremely relaxing. And since I don't like cake and I HATE icing, I am not even tempted to eat it.

11) Doing whatever it takes and bugging as many doctors as I have to, to figure out how I can loose the weight I need to. I want to stay healthy and the longer my heart has to support enough mass for two adults, the sooner I will get really sick.

12) Building a pond and water garden in the space outside my kitchen.

13) Being outside working at least one hour everyday to make this property look like the magical place it really is!

1 comment:

jobee said...

It's a good habit to set your goals!You set a good example for me. Because I think I'm to lazy.But for now on, I will try to change!Thank you for writting such article.