Sunday, July 8, 2007

Another Sunday Summary....

Monday: Went to visit Otter Creek as a location for Kayleigh's wedding. It inspired lots of field trips and programs for the kids too. When we got back Mom was home from chemo and doing ok. Dirk went to bed and woke up a couple hours later with very high blood pressure. Not good and a bit of a scare.

Tuesday: one student showed up, Dirk was still having trouble controlling his BP, but Mom was doing ok. She had to go in early to get a scan of her spine where they think the cancer might have spread. I went to get the meds for Dirk.

Wednesday: One different student showed up, Dirk is still not getting his BP under control and Mom is loosing handfuls of hair. Even when you know it is coming, it still takes a little to get used to. I did grill and watch 1776, but other than that it was a very uneventful day.

Thursday: Three students, Dirk still has high BP, but feeling better and pulse is much better. Mom is not having a good day.

Friday: WOW, this is the kind of day you might think back and laugh at in 20 years or so. Four Students all using the day as make-up. The day starts out just fine, boys are working in the yard, Dirk and Mom are doing well, and I am feeling like I am getting lots of planning done for the Fall Quarter. Then about mid-morning the boys decide it would be fun to drive Dirk's car up the drive way and back, our driveway is over a 1/4 of a mile long. Nathan had left the keys in it so that all of them could listen to the music while working outside, something else I don't allow! They are allowed to take out radios or personal music devices, but Nathan has been told before my cars are not personal stereos!Anyway Nathan went off in a different car to get the mail and the other boys 'chased' him in Dirk's car. Nathan has been given permission in the past to move the cars while he is working on them, but he has also been told not to do it while other students are on property. All plans I had for the rest of the day were put on hold while I dealt with these guys. Everything is worked out now, they have some stiff consequences to follow through on, but I think they matured quite a bit in just a couple hours. I know I age a few years in the same couple of hours :)

Then around 4pm I was told we would be having 12-15 people for dinner. Most of them teens, but also my BIL and FIL whom I really enjoy having. Problem was I had been planning on going to the store on Friday morning. We were out of everything. I made a quick dash up to Mejiers and got the food to fix a nice picnic cook-out. Even though it wasn't served until 7:30 it was a great meal! Chicken-kabobs, hamburgers, hotdogs, roasted corn, mushrooms-onions-peppers-fennel-kabobs, carrots, salad, with fresh watermelon and cantalope for dessert.

By 9:30 I dropped into bed!

Saturday: I slept in until 9am, got up took care of Mom and Dirk. Both were doing pretty well. I worked on curriculum, bills, and watched a few shows stored on the DVR. Then I got ready and went shopping. Dirk went with me. He wanted to start at Whole Foods since it is the only place in town to get the gluten free, wheat free type startches that we are trying to switch too and the bulk beans, nuts and rices we use. I don't like the part of town this Whole Foods is located in... it is in the very uppermiddle class, we shop here because it is the fashionable thing to do... part of town and just being in the same very crowded store with them make me uncomfortable! Then we go to Mejiers for much of the meat and frozen veggies that I get. I can't wait until we can join the grass-fed meat coop this fall! All shopping together took over 3 hours and cost about $600. The majority of the food will last 4-6 weeks with only trips to get fruit and veggies at the farmer's market the only extras. When you are feeding 5-6 people three meals a day, even if the food only lasts 4 weeks I still think we are doing pretty well.

Then Nathan who had cleaned the kitchen and done laundry while we were gone, ask us to take him to the movies when we got back and had dinner. So we went to see Evan Almightly. It was a cute film. I am glad we went because it might encourage filmmakers to make more like this one. I enjoyed it, but Dirk really loved it. I think he identified a lot with the main character.

Sunday: Finds me not at church yet again. Today it was just a matter of oversleeping. I had every intention of going when I went to bed last night, but I didn't even begin to wake up until 10:15am and to get to chuch I would have to leave by 10:30. Athena and Nathan left on time and I am glad they went. I had a couple very strange dreams that I can still remember vividly!

One: I was in an elevator and it was not only going down too fast, it was going down too far, and then it started getting smaller. No matter which buttons I pushed it wouldn't stop falling or shrinking.

Two: I was tutoring for an association that I tutored for a teen and young adult. I kept going into the different rooms and asking how I could help out and all I got were giggles and "no, your not needed here, go away"

Three: I was driving around looking for something and I kept falling alseep at the wheel. It was very spooky. I was lost, alone in the car, but trying to get somewhere important (don't know where) , but I couldn't stay awake.

I don't think you need to know much about dreams to know that my mind is trying to deal with the daily stress :)

No comments: