Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Five cool things about Jesus....

Matt was tagged then asked others what they thought.

Here are my five:

1) Jesus used stories and parables to teach deeper Truths. He asked us to use our imaginations and empathy to "get the point."

2) Every major revelation about the nature of Jesus was made by a woman. Mary his mother, Anna on his presentation to the temple, the woman at the well, Martha, Mary of Bethany, Mary Magdelene, the bleeding woman who touched his robes.....the list could go on.

3) Jesus is all about the Spirit of the Law and how it connects us to God and one another. The Law as a tool for us to use, but not be enslaved to.

4) Jesus' choice of friends and companions. He must have laughed and loved everyday. He was all about building strong communities that saw and cared for the 'fringes.'

5) The way Jesus called the children to him. I think he knew they would understand before the adults did.

If you post your 5 cool things about Jesus, leave me a note so I can go read them :)

2 comments:

NoVA Dad said...

This is a great list -- especially the one about children. I admit that I sometimes worry so much about trying to find God at work in my life that I fail to look at how God is at work in the lives of my daughters.

NoVA Dad said...

Wanted you to know that I just did a new post based on number 5 on your list; thanks for the inspiration!