Monday, June 11, 2007

"Dance mom/aunt" mode

Sunday was a fundraiser day for the dance teams. We were part of a community park fair.
Nathan, the only one of mine left on the studio dance team, danced in the sun on the playground.
I painted 25-30 little faces, during my 3 1/2 shift. Most were cat faces, butterflies, rainbows and smiley faces, however a few of the stranger requests were: a ferret, a lighten bolt with flames, a green spider with yellow spots, the word cool, and big lips like a kiss on the cheek.
While I was in the sun, the other parents were in the shade selling food. I didn't realize that I was getting pretty crisp. One of the moms kept asking me if I wanted to come into the shade, but I thought I was okay. Well, I am not. I need to remember I get sun poisining quickly. While the burn hurts a little it is my body detoxing from the excess sun that is really unpleasant today.
Then the kids danced a second show. This is Nathan's solo dance. I think I might have to get a newspaper, because the CJ photographer was asking me for his full name, age and dance studio. He was very impressed with Nathan. Personally, I think it is just the novelity of a boy dancer, the girls were better and took it more seriously yesterday. Usually, he is one of the better dancers, but NOT yesterday.

Now, today I am off with Dirk to take picture of two possible wedding locations in New Albany.

1 comment:

NoVA Dad said...

I don't do well in the sun, either -- I go from okay to crisp with no gentle intermediate step. These are great pictures; looks like everyone had a great time.