Friday, December 29, 2006

Introducing the family II

This is Dirk, my friend for over 25 years, my husband for over 22 years. He looks pretty awful right now since he has been very sick with multiple issues since early August and actually on medical leave from work since October. This was his favorite Christmas present. We really are like two sides of the same coin. Of one mind in all the things that matter and complimentary on all other things. I can saw without hesitation he completes me.

My step-father, who is now an over the road truck driver and only home 1-2 days a month for a few hours. He is happy, and that makes all of us happier. He has had a hard time adjusting to life outside the military.
My mom, who probably isn't to happy I used this picture, but it is the best recent one I have of her. She is smiling, has her hair and good color. Our relationship has had its ups and downs, but living together and working together as adults has been very healing and very positive.

My sister, Athena and Nathan's mom affects me a lot more than I often realize. When I stop and try and figure out why I am doing something that seems odd or enabling, I can usually trace it back to when I was a kid responsible for my little sister. I will also give into her, and her whims when I know it is not the best idea in the world just to help keep peace and family harmony. I love her more like a wayward daughter than a sister and that tends to cause some tension.

No comments: