Friday, December 29, 2006

Why no picture of me....

I was looking for a picture of me, but I can't find one right now that I want to scan into the computer....besides that would mean learning how to use the scanner! So not today, but I will maybe have Dirk or Athena take a picture of me in the next day or two. I want a picture the same way I want a good scale.

I want to record who I am, not just who I want to be. Without a scale or picture staring at me I can pretend I still look like I did 23 plus years ago :) Recently, I have seriously started to think about that identity. So many things are the same and yet so many things are different.

Then I taught homeschooled kids, now I teach homeschooled kids.

Then I played with painting and photography, now I play with painting and photography.

Then I was actively involved at church, now I am actively involved with a different church (same denomination).

Then I was writing for fun (screenplays, and comic books), now I am writing for fun (blogs, plays and novels). Nothing worth publishing!!!!

Then Dirk and I had just become a couple, now Dirk and I have shared a life-time together.

Then I wasn't sure where I was headed in life, but I wasn't going to be a TEACHER! Now I am not a teacher, I am a mentor :) but I am not sure who I am past that.

Then I lived in Louisville with my dad, now I live in Louisville and my mom lives with me.

I keep asking myself how things can be so much the same, even though I have done so many other things in the last 23 plus years!

2 comments:

Ampersand said...

Sandie, I just put a picture of myself on my blog. I know how you feel about that :-).

But I really am accepting who I am, including how I look, and actually I am more comfortable in my own skin now than I ever have been.

I can't wait to put a face with my idea of you, my cyber-friend.

Kim

Sandie said...

I thought that picture was new. I really love your eyes! It is important for me to post a picture for many different reason, but thank you for boosting my courage!