Saturday, March 24, 2007

Adapted from this list.

Gifts of the Spirit....

Scripture has many lists of gifts.

1 Corinthians 12:8-11 :

  • words of wisdom;

  • words of knowledge;

  • faith;

  • healing;

  • miracle-working;

  • prophecy;

  • distinguishing of spirits;

  • tongues;

  • interpretation of tongues.

Romans 12 : gifts of

Isaiah 11:1-5 : the spirit of :

  • wisdom

  • understanding,

  • counsel,

  • strength,

  • knowledge, and

  • the fear of the LORD.

".... if I enjoyed giving things to my children a thousand times more than keeping them for myself, so of course must He."
--------- Hannah Whitall Smith, in Logan Smith's *Philadelphia Quaker*


I like the idea of photos and pondering on the Gifts of the Holy Spirit, but I think I am going to save it for after Easter in preparation for Pentecost.

No comments: