Monday, March 26, 2007

Nathan.....


Knowing the heart of a 14 almost 15 year old young man is hard and often scary. He is also still under constant parental supervision with very limited privileges. He has made some progress towards earning privileges back, but I am not sure there has been a true change of heart.

He wore dress pants, dress shirt and tie yesterday to church....normally we are arguing over his tee-shirt and sagging shorts. He wanted to surprise me with his new look. It was a great surprise! He did about 4 plus hours of lawn work yesterday and another 3 today before the tractor broke. He is cooking supper and generally being nice, but there is still his mouth.

Even when we agree he seems to want to make it sound like we are arguing. It is frustrating. It brings up the grace vs works issues for me sometimes. He works and does the work required to earn his privileges back, but the grace, the change of heart just doesn't seem to be there at all.

I am going to trust that as he matures his heart will mature too. I continue to pray that he will keep his thrill seeking ways legal and safe. I will continue to come up with challenges for him to solve. I will continue to push him to be the best person he can be.

No comments: